Posted by Andrea Conway Law of Attraction coach for small business success
In 1987 Abraham-Hicks named their teachings The Science of Deliberate Creation. But until recently I never considered LoA a hard science like, say, biology or chemistry.
I thought Law of Attraction was way out there on the leading edge of woo-woo – a place where I personally love to hang out – but not a place commonly populated by people who look through microscopes.
A lot has happened in a couple of decades…
The universe didn’t connect me with Abraham-Hicks until 1989, when I was focused on my corporate marketing career. I had recently given up on all things metaphysical.
The reason I’d abandoned my longstanding fascination with astrology, past lives, levitation etc. – and I’ve never confessed this publicly before – was this: I had been acutely disappointed in 1987, when the Harmonic Convergence turned out to be a very ordinary couple of days on planet Earth.
It wasn’t supposed to be that way.
On August 16-17, 1987, the sun, moon, Mercury, Venus, and Mars all lined up in conjunction at 1 degree of Virgo. Jupiter and Uranus were at angles to this rare conjunction, in a harmonious pattern astrologers call a trine. It was a very auspicious planetary line-up that was aptly named the Harmonic Convergence.
The idea behind the HC was that if at least 144,000 of us got harmonic and meditated for peace on that day, the planet would enter a new era of peace on earth. Based on the books I was reading, I was fully expecting a total restructuring of the planet and the people on it. Finally life would be all about love. Word was that the ascended masters would return during the convergence to lead those of us who meditated for peace through a mass ascension.
My problems and the world’s problems would all be solved!
When Monday morning came, I woke up in my usual body in its usual bed at home. It was time to get up and get to work. !#&###!!!!! “I’m done with this flaky BS,” I concluded. And I didn’t wake out of the trance that passes for normal life until Abraham’s words touched the core of my being “by chance” two years later.
One of the major organizers of the Harmonic Convergence was Jose Arguelles, author of The Mayan Factor. He helped establish the idea that the Harmonic convergence began the 25-year countdown to the end of the Mayan calendar.
Now that we’re approaching the next highly publicized transformational date of 12/21/2012, I’ve been thinking about what has happened to us spiritually over the past 25 years – the era that Abraham refers to as the time of awakening.
On 12/21/2012 I’m planning to share some reflections about planetary and personal Transformational Shifts. If we’re all here
What I find a whole lot more impressive than all of the buzz around 12/21/2012 is the mind-blowing reality that 25 years after 1987, it’s easy to see that the Law of Attraction is completely based on science.
Not the science we had back then, where genes determined everything about our lives, but the science that has emerged over just the past couple of decades.
Here are some of the scientific facts I learned earlier this year at workshops with Dr. Joe Dispenza (of the movie What the Bleep Do We know).
1. How you perceive reality is based on the neural pathways established in your brain.
2. These pathways are created by nerve cells that fire and wire together over time. Nerve cells are triggered to fire in response to your thoughts and feelings. We think 65,000 thoughts a day – but nearly all of them are the same thoughts we thought yesterday.
3. Your thoughts and feelings create an electromagnetic signal. This signal also goes out to the field of all possibilities – what physicists call the quantum field. I now think the quantum field is the same as the source energy or field of consciousness that mystics talk about. It’s the essential element in all of creation.
4. You draw from the quantum field those circumstances and events that are an exact match to your electromagnetic signal.
5. If you keep sending out the same old thoughts that trigger the same old feelings, you feel stuck in your life and even hopeless, because you attract the same old circumstances and events.
6. If you want to create a new reality for yourself, you start by deliberately choosing to think new thoughts, which trigger new feelings and create a new electromagnetic field that attracts new circumstances and events.
Do these scientific “secrets” sound familiar?
It takes conscious and deliberate focus to re-create your magnetic field so you attract more of what you want. But it can be done, and each one of us has the power to do it.
The reason it takes work is that we have so many highly reinforced neural pathways that are hardwired by our habitual thoughts. It takes a little effort to create momentum in a different direction.
My blog post This Tiny Law of Attraction Tweak Creates Huge Results gives you an easy way to launch a new phase of deliberate creation. In no more than three days of practice – and sometimes a lot faster – you see evidence that the universe is responding to your new magnetic field of attraction.
Reprinted from Successful Self Employment (SSE) News subscribe