Abraham through Esther and Jerry Hicks frequently reminds us of this Law of Attraction principle: nothing is more important than feeling good.
But when you’re struggling or worried or dealing with a setback, Abraham’s truthful and well-meaning words may sound completely absurd.
Before you write me that you “tried Law of Attraction and it didn’t work,” allow me to say more about why Abraham’s words are the Truth – and to share with you how you can use the Abraham-Hicks teachings even when it appears that nothing is going your way.
Why It’s True: Nothing Is More Important than Feeling Good
1. The only reason we ever feel good is that – in the good-feeling moment – we’re aligned with the universe/our inner beings. That’s what feeling good really means: alignment. Negative feelings mean: out of alignment. Out of alignment means: no match with what’s in your Vortex. In alignment means: manifestation of what’s in your Vortex. Next time you think negativity is the appropriate response to any situation… I hope you will think again.
2. The universe continually provides feedback about our alignment through our emotional guidance system. Emotions are used as our guidance system because how we feel bypasses our analytical minds. The mind says: “Oh it’s OK my client failed to show up for our meeting… again. I am all right with that.” But in our heart and gut, we feel wronged, belittled, angered and frustrated.
Ignoring our emotional guidance system – which we have the freedom to do – doesn’t negate what we felt. We really can’t fool the Law of Attraction. Our true feelings – even if we cover them up quickly – determine our vibrational point of attraction.
Recently a coaching client said to me: “I wish I could just not feel so angry about this.” I reminded her that her feelings in this situation were the only way the universe could get her attention – and convey to her that something had to shift.
3. Because our point of attraction – which is determined by our emotional state – determines what we attract right now and in our future, we would be wise to do the inner work required to restore ourselves to alignment by authentically shifting our emotions in the direction of alignment.
This doesn’t mean we have to magically turn on a dime from despair to ecstasy. Most people think this instant quantum leap is what Law of Attraction teaches… but the universe never makes things that hard for us.
How to Return to Feeling Good – the Easy Way
Very often when we feel significantly negative emotions, if we pause for a second or two, we can sense how deeply unhappy these emotions leave us feeling.
Though we sometimes like to think that thoughts of hate or revenge feel good…and fleetingly they may… after a few minutes of your rampage of depreciation, you typically notice that you feel dissatisfied and ill at ease. That’s because negative emotion generates resistance instead of the natural flow of alignment.
In those moments of noticing that you really don’t like feeling this negative, there really is something you can do about it.
If you ask the universe to help you feel acceptance or peace, you usually experience an immediate release of resistance as you move back in the direction of your natural flow of alignment. When I suggest to clients that they ask the universe to help them feel peace, I can often hear them take a deep breath as resistance releases.
Asking for peace or acceptance is like shifting into neutral when your car has a manual transmission. You really wouldn’t want to shift instantly from 4th gear to reverse. You’ve got to pause in neutral first.
Here are a few simple ways to pause in neutral, even when you’re bristling with resistance:
1. Consciously pause to take a deep inhale and exhale.
2. Acknowledge that although you feel [angry, resentful, frustrated etc.], you really would prefer to be at peace with this person or this situation. (If this is true.)
3. Affirm that you are willing to trust that the universe has your back in this situation, even though you have no idea how things can possibly resolve in your favor. Emmet Fox wrote if we’re willing to have faith it has the same effect on our vibration as actually having faith. Our willingness is that powerful.
You may have to keep choosing these pauses for peace a few times until they “take,” but that’s no different from practicing your backhand if you want to get good at tennis.
Another client of mine who ran into wall after wall when trying to orchestrate a major change in her life finally decided to choose peace and faith, even though it seemed there was no possible way her plans could succeed. She was nearly out of time and out of money and things looked bleak. Within 48 hours of this decision to choose peace and faith, she emailed me to say that an old friend happened to call her – and happened to have the solution to both of the “impossible obstacles” she had been struggling with.
When my client’s vibrational point of attraction was frustration and defeat, she couldn’t force her old friend to contact her. There was no match there. But as soon as my client traded in frustration for faith, the phone rang and her solution showed up.
Which is why there really is nothing more important than feeling good.
Not because your circumstances are exactly the way your ego-mind prefers them. But because you have the free will to choose how you feel, and you’re smart enough to choose feelings of alignment no matter how your circumstances look in this moment.
While we’re all trying so hard to figure out the big key and hidden secret to “manifesting miracles,” the universe is consistently lining everything up for us. We don’t see the solutions, because our focus is on stress, on trying to control outcomes, and on working really hard to take enough action to get what we want.
We’re struggling and whining about how bad everything is when, if we could just ask the universe to help us feel peace, we would move right into alignment with our dreams and desires – in no time at all.
Instead of staying fixated on what’s wrong… what if you decided to choose faith, ask for peace and chill out?
What if you created an experiment in which you decide to trust that the universe is here to support you, you spend 30 seconds feeling deep gratitude for that thing you really want but don’t have, and then you go do something fun.
DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME – unless you really are ready to receive the flow of miracles.
Related to this post:
Posted by Andrea Conway Law of Attraction marketing coach for small business success
Reprinted from Successful Self Employment (SSE) News subscribe